Virginia Beach Personal Injury Attorneys Work to Secure Fair Compensation for Clients
Firm committed to recovering costs after accidents
Accidents can result in everything from minor scrapes to traumatic injuries and even death. If you have been injured entirely due to the carelessness of others, you are entitled to receive compensation for the harm you endured. A skilled, experienced and compassionate Virginia Beach personal injury attorney from Ernest Law Group, PLC is ready to sue the parties at fault on your behalf.
What to do if you are injured
If you have been in an accident, there are several steps you should take:
- Get to safety
- Call the police
- Seek medical treatment for yourself and anyone else who needs it
- Contact a personal injury attorney
Once you retain our firm, we will give you and your case personal attention as we work to collect maximum compensation from the parties liable for your injuries.
Common types of accidents that cause injury
We serve the needs of victims in cases stemming from a wide array of accidents, including cases relating to:
- Motor vehicle accidents — Whether you were injured in a hit and run, a rear-end collision or a head-on crash, our firm offers strong advocacy against defendants and their insurance companies. Our Virginia Beach car accident attorneys handle all types of collision cases, including matters involving buses, trucks, and motorcycles. We will determine if drunk driving, fatigue or another factor led to your collision.
- Premises liability — Accidents can also occur because of dangerous conditions on land or in buildings. Premises liability lawsuits can be brought in response to slip and fall incidents, fires, exposure to toxic chemicals and other scenarios.
- Catastrophic injuries — Major accidents can cause severe and long-lasting or even permanent medical issues, such as brain and spinal cord injuries.
- Dog bites — To win damages in a Virginia dog bite claim, the plaintiff must show that the pet’s owner knew of their animal’s dangerous tendencies or failed to exercise reasonable care. After gathering the relevant information about the incident, we present a thorough argument to prove the dog owner was at fault.
- Wrongful death — Following a fatal instance of negligence, our firm assists estate representatives seeking to file wrongful death actions against liable parties. In these cases, family members can collect damages for funeral expenses, income the decedent would have provided, the companionship and guidance that was lost and the sorrow and anguish stemming from the death.
- Other types of injury claims — We also handle claims arising from boating accidents, defective products, nursing home and daycare abuse, medical and dental malpractice, and other personal injury cases.
No matter the nature of the particular claim, we work hard to build the strongest case for liability possible and collect the payment you deserve.
What will a Virginia Beach personal injury attorney do?
If you’ve been injured in an accident, hiring a capable personal injury attorney increases the likelihood of a favorable outcome whether through negotiation or in court. When warranted by the circumstances, we will:
- Investigate the accident thoroughly and identify the parties at fault
- Communicate with liable parties and their representatives
- Calculate your accident-related compensation
- File a lawsuit seeking damages for your injuries
- Submit essential paperwork by court deadlines
- Demand relevant information and documents from adversaries and third parties, while helping you respond to their discovery demands
- Negotiate with the defendant’s insurance company and attorney
- Represent you before the judge at every stage of the proceedings
- Collect facts and expert witness statements, taking depositions when appropriate
- Prepare you to testify
- Present your case in a jury trial, including calling witnesses and introducing evidence on your behalf and cross-examining defense witnesses
Throughout this process, we will explain what is happening and answer any questions you have.
Proving fault after an accident
A critical issue in any accident case is whether the defendant was at fault. When we take your case, we assemble the evidence needed to prove your case, such as:
- Police reports and camera footage
- Witness statements
- Toxicology reports, if drugs or alcohol were involved
- Product designs, if the accident was caused by a defective product
- Reports of experts we retain
We take this raw evidence and sift through it carefully to help us determine what happened and who was at fault. Later, we assemble the evidence favorable to your case and use it to support your claim.
Is there a time limit on a personal injury case?
You only have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit under Virginia’s statute of limitations. If you fail to do so, you’ll likely lose your opportunity for legal relief permanently. By retaining our firm in timely manner, you can be sure that your legal action will be filed within the proper timeframe.
Contact a knowledgeable personal Virginia attorney for a consultation
Ernest Law Group, PLC seeks full compensation for personal injury victims throughout the Hampton Roads area. Please call 757-289-2499 or contact us online to schedule a consultation at our Virginia Beach office.
Our Attorneys Can Help
If you are injured in an accident that is not your fault, your best bet is to contact a personal injury attorney to help you deal with the legal issues while you can focus on healing and recovery.